THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST
SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The CMAO, in collaboration with London Tourism, presents CMAO artist members with the opportunity to perform at The Bull & Barrel Urban Saloon located in the heart of downtown London.
Up to 6 acts will be selected to showcase on Saturday March 19th as part of the CMAO’s Regional Road to Independence (R2I) Seminar & Showcase event.
TO BE ELIGIBLE AS A POTENTIAL SHOWCASE PARTICIPANT, THE ARTIST MUST:
- Currently reside in Ontario (In the case of a band, at least 50% of the members must reside in Ontario). An Ontario resident is defined as:
o A person who was either born in Ontario, or
o A person who has lived in Ontario for no less than one year as of March 31, 2015
- The artist/band must be a CMAO member in good standing
GENERAL ARTIST/BAND REQUIREMENTS
- All members of the band must be 19 years of age or older
- The selected artists/bands must perform a 20-minute set
- Artists/Bands must be prepared to perform their set live with their own backup musicians.
No background music or pre-recorded music is permitted when performing on stage.
Contact us directly if you have any questions regarding this matter.
- Acceptable musical genres include: Country, Country-Pop, Rock-Country, Honky-Tonk, Alternative-Country, and Bluegrass.
- Bands/Musicians may play both original and cover songs by other established artists.
Original songs must be noted in the application and cover songs must have the original artists identified.
- Bull & Barrel production staff will provide the power, lighting and sound (backline) for the selected artists/bands while on stage. Backline provided includes:
o 1 Yamaha Custom Oak Kit (Drum)
o 1 Ampeg SVT with 4 x 10 Cab (Bass)
o 2 Fender Amps (Electric Guitar)
NOTE: Drummers need to bring all their own breakables such as cymbals, sticks and snare drum.
- The selected acts will provide a full set-list for the songs they will perform on stage by March 1, 2016. The sooner this can be received by the CMAO, the better it will be to ensure selected artists are not duplicating song performances.
For a complete list of eligibility and selection criteria, please click here.
The deadline for submitting is 12:00 midnight, February 5th, 2016. The selected artists/bands will be determined by a jury of music industry professionals, and announced on or about February 22, 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “R2I London Showcase.”